First party of the year will be a hard one to top!
It was a Sunday in October 2016 when I was meeting a client at 26 Bridge for a walk-through for their August 2017 wedding.
While there, I met Kathy and Jimmy, who were visiting the venue to consider for their own upcoming 2018 wedding.
They had yet to book a DJ, so we connected later on and they were thrilled to use my services for their wedding.
I was with them every step of the way and we had a great time.
On January 17th, 2018, Kathy and Jimmy were married.
- The bridal party walked down the isle to: Prelude in C Major by J.S. Bach
- The Bride walked down the isle to: The Luckiest (Benaud Trio version) by Ben Folds
- They returned up the isle as a married couple to: Your Make My Dreams Come True by Hall and Oats
- Catering was handled by Dominick Bruccoleri is the owner of Papazzio Restaurant and Caterers in Bayside, Queens.
Here is a small snip-it of transitions for the cocktail music with playlist below:
- Just Like Heaven by The Cure (snipit)
- Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammer (snipit)
- Hold On by Wilson Phillips (snipit)
- Come And Get Your Love by Redbone (snipit)
- Side Pony by Lake Street Dive (snipit)
- Over The Rainbow by Israel Iz Kamakawiwo'ole (full song plays out)
After cocktail, the bridal party entered in style to:
- Signed, Sealed Delivered by Stevie Wonder
Then the bride and groom made their grand entrance to:
- Teenage Dream by Katy Parry
And finally, Kathy and Jimmy embraced in their first dance:
- My Whole Life Long by Delta Rae
Dinner began after some beautiful anniversary dances to keep the mellow vibe going, with classics like Time After Time by Frank Sinatra (an anniversary song for two guests celebrating 56 years of marriage) and There's a Place in the World for a Gambler by Dan Fogelberg.
We kicked off party time with Cadillac Ranch by Bruce Springsteen and included some requested Irish music like Wild Rover by The Highkings.
Here is a small snip-it of transitions for the reception music with playlist below:
- You Shook Me All Night Long by AC DC
- Walking On Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves
- Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
- What I Like About You by The Romantics
- I Want You Back by Jackson 5
- Party In The U.S.A. by Miley Cyrus
- Tubthumping by Chumbawamba
- Brick House by The Commodores
They say that people make the party, and that can not be more true about the first party of the year, which will be a hard one to top, because this couple and their guests were SO MUCH FUN!
Keep on dancing!!!!
~DJ Michael Demby